Reasons to have Radiant Barrier installed in your home.
Radiant Barrier offers a variety of different benefits:
- It is qualified under the EPA.
- It can help to lower cooling costs especially if applied in areas that tend to be in higher temps longer.
- Radiant Barrier can help to earn LEED points under the NAHB Green Building Standard.
- Radiant barrier layering can lower your home’s energy usage by up to 20%. This depends on the R-values of insulation installed, design of the building and etc.
- At the hottest points of the summer, Radiant Barrier layering will keep the maximum attic temperature up to 30% cooler than attics with standard insulations.
- Thermostat reflects up to 97% of the sun’s radiant heat and that keeps it from being absorbed into the attic. In turn the temperatures inside the living areas of a home will stay better regulated. This enables your A/C system to operate more efficiently.
- Thermostat radiant barrier plywood can reduce as much as 50% of the heat that would be transferred through your roof.
For some more great info about Radiant Barrier and its many benefits please check out one of our other blogs: Keep your home cool with Radiant Barrier